Bar

11/23/12

Still Moving, An Interactive Installation.

When I VJ, people often ask me if I'm playing music, or what do I do with a keyboard next to a dj or a band bouncing up and down. Being a VJ goes beyond just playing video loops at festivals and music events. I engage with the content I project by making video loops from scratch.  Drawing digital illustrations, shooting video, and making loops out of them is a creative process I am sharing with everybody through an interactive installation, Still MovingGuests can play a midi controller's keys and see them trigger videos on a projection's screen. Each of the 14 keys triggers moving images that represent a piece of artwork hung on the first section of the gallery. Keyboard guides will be provided the day of the event, so that one can identify the still images with its moving version. 

This installation is my senior show as I am about to complete the communication design program at Buffalo State College. Inspiration for this project comes from organic shapes such as leaves and animals, to aztec pyramids and molecules. This is a public event and it will remain up in the gallery for a week. 

Come check out the opening reception on Friday Nov. 30th.  Projex, Big Basha, and Potent will provide live Dj sets for the night, some appetizers and wine will be provided too. I'm of course super excited! 

Here is write up about this, and other  student senior shows. 





No comments:

Post a Comment